Friday, December 11, 2009

Real Object Graphs

This week, we made graphs using real objects. We talked about how we can collect data using real objects as well as collect data and record it on paper.

We chewed bubble gum and blew bubbles. Then we made a graph to find out how many kids could blow a bubble.



We made a graph to show which Mr. Putter and Tabby story was our favorite. Most kids chose Mr. Putter and Tabby Take the Train, but Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears, and Mr. Putter and Tabby Walk the Dog were close favorites too.


We graphed who brought their favorite book to school on Monday.

We linked arms in our graph to learn one to one and to learn how to figure how many more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a primary school teacher in Trinidad. I teach 5-6 year olds. I think what you all are doing is amazing. I wish we could have such things set up for our classes here. I love the ideas and activities you all used for object charts. Its really cool! Can I use some of your ideas in my classroom?

    ReplyDelete